- Inside the school we have a 350 seat theatre, The Malcolm Davies Auditorium, which can be used for lectures, assemblies and performances.
- We have two full sized gyms, with the option to divide them by means of acoustic curtains to provide four separate teaching spaces. The floor markings allow for a variety of sports to be played.
- There are two fully equipped libraries, ICT suites, science laboratories, art, music, and drama centres, as well as a conference room, classrooms, and a canteen.
- The canteen seats up to 200 people, and is run by a professional catering company. See the section regarding catering below.
- In the centre of the school is our "international plaza," which is used for exhibitions and displays.
- The location of our school provides many opportunities to take learning outdoors. We are only a five minute walk from the sea and dunes and benefit from a range of nearby sporting facilities that we can use – tennis courts, football and hockey pitches, golf course, and even a tenpin bowling alley.
An active out-of-school care programme is provided by the Zein Child Care Group. This organisation is specialised in international child care and has been selected by the school to operate a custom made programme, exclusively for our school. This award-winning programme runs 52 weeks a year, 5 days a week and is open on school days from 15:00 to 18:30 (Wednesdays from 12:30 to 18:30) and during all school holidays from 8:30 to 18:30.
Children aged 4-6 can join the programme at ISH and enjoy first class care as well as a diverse and exciting experience.
For more information please go to www.zeinchildcare.nl
Bus 24 has 3 services to the Westduin stop in the morning. These are regular services which will start at the normal start point of the Bus 24 route at Mariahoeve Station, but have been extended to beyond the normal end point at Kijkduin to include the Westduin stop near ISH. This concerns the following services
- Station Mariahoeve 7:08 | 7:16 | 7:23
- Centraal Station 7:24 | 7:32 | 7:39
- Gemeentemuseum/Museon 7:39 | 7:47 | 7:54
- Westduin 8:01 | 8:09 | 8:16
Students from the ISH will not only be able to get on the bus at Gemeentemuseum/Museon but also at the other stops of Bus 24. This is a change from last year. The sooner they get on, the more chance they will have of getting a seat on the bus. The last service to Kijkduin will arrive at 8.16, which means that all 3 services should get the students to school on time.
In the afternoon there are two bus services which depart from the Westduin stop with the following times.
- Westduin 15:24 | 16:54
- Gemeentemuseum/Museon 15:44 | 17:13
- Centraal Station 16:01 | 17:30
- Station Mariahoeve 16:18 | 17:48
Please note that the school is not responsible for the public transport. If you would like to contact the HTM regarding their bus service please use the following number: 0900-4864636
School Bus Service
The International School of The Hague offers a Door to Door School Bus Service, it operates 5 days a week. We use a company called Achttax.
We offer it to Primary and Secondary Students. In the Primary School we have various pickups from different locations in the morning and then one pick time in the afternoon which is 15:00.
If Students in Primary are attending extra- curricular activities after school they will have to be collected by Parents or Guardians.
Secondary Students also have pickups from different locations in the mornings. As Secondary Students have various finishing times in the afternoon, we will have to arrange two different Pick Up times, this might mean that the student will have wait for the bus.
The School bus service currently operates from the following areas: Den Haag, Voorburg, Leidschendam, Ypenburg, Scheveningen, Rijswijk, Zoetermeer en Voorschoten.
The School Bus Fees you will find in the Standard Terms and Conditions.
Applying for a place
If you would like more information on this Service, or you would like to apply for the bus. Please contact email@example.com or call tel. 070 328 1450 extension 2022.
We are not able to guarantee a space on the bus.
Withdrawal of a student from the Bus Service must be given in writing and allow a minimum of 30 School days. You must receive a confirmation that your contract is terminated and even then a pro- rata refund will only be made if another students from the waiting list is available to take the withdrawing student’s place.