Technology at The International School of the Hague
Our children are facing a future which will be exciting, changing and technology rich. At the International School of The Hague (ISH) we strive to prepare our students by enabling them to develop the skills to best cope with such an environment. We believe that access to technology will help the students develop these skills most effectively. The ISH teachers and students acknowledge that, when focussed appropriately, technology can make a valuable contribution to teaching and learning.
In the Primary School, students have access to computer suites, class sets of iPads and in Year 5 and Year 6 ISH provide iPads to create a 1:1 environment in those years. Upcoming developments in the Primary school facilities will include a new IT/Media Lab.
In the Secondary School, students in Year 7, Year 8 and Year 9 are required to bring their own iPad devices. iPad Mini is not acceptable because of the limited screen size. ISH will load a mobile device management profile in order to provide, free of charge, a variety of paid apps best suited to supporting student learning. The minimum required specifications for the devices are:
- iPad - iPad Air with 32Gb, Wi-Fi only
In Years 10 to 13, students are required to bring their own laptop to school. ISH requires the following minimum specification for devices brought by students:
- MacBook (max. 3 years old) – Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 13-Inch Display, USB port, OS X 10.9, 128GB hard disk, Headphones.
- Windows based laptop – Processor Pentium 4 CPU, 4GB RAM, 13-Inch Display, Windows 7, 128GB Hard disk, USB port, sound card and headphones, n-protocol Wi-Fi
ISH is very pleased to inform you of the following special offers available via ‘Web-shops’ which are available from AMAC and INFOTHEEK.
1. AMAC – the offer is 12% discount on the iPad and 13% discount on a laptop (MacBook.) There is a 3 year warranty and an option to purchase insurance. Amac provides service and support through its chain of outlets.
2. INFOTHEEK – the offer is 12% discount on the iPad and 18% discount on a laptop. There is a 3 year warranty and an option to purchase insurance.
Please find the relevant login procedures below:
AMAC Webshop: www.a-mac.nl/ish
- Login using: email@example.com
- Password: student date of birth: dd-mm-yyyy ( e.g. 24-01-2016)
INFOTHEEK Webshop: Educatiestore.com/ish
- First register for an account;
- A confirmation link will be sent to your email:
- Click on the confirmation link and you can shop.
Specialist elements of the curriculum are enhanced by access to appropriately specified computer suites.
The school leadership teams and the technology support teams endeavour to ensure that the ISH technology infrastructure is robust and reliable in order to support the demands that widespread technology use places upon it.
Teachers are equipped with appropriate devices and provided with guidance to integrate technology in ways which benefit student learning. Subject specialists, known as Technology Integrators, are a key element of this support for academic staff.
The International School of The Hague (ISH) strives to foster a safe, disciplined, educational environment, both offline and online, to provide an atmosphere where students can develop the skills to become motivated, independent and productive digital citizens. ISH teachers and students know the benefits of technology in the educational environment and strive to ensure that technology is used appropriately and effectively.
All members of ISH will be good digital citizens by being safe, responsible, and respectful with their use of technology. Staff and students will model digital citizenship and encourage others to do the same. Teachers will provide instruction for their students about the appropriate use of technology and online safety. ISH teachers, staff and students will protect their information, treat others kindly, and credit their sources.