Our curriculum is based on the Early Years Foundation Stage, which has the following as its four guiding principles;
- Every child is unique and is constantly learning whilst becoming resilient, capable, confident and self-assured;
- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships;
- Children learn and develop in supportive environments where their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between practitioners and parents/carers;
- Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates.
Seven areas of learning are identified and assessed on a daily basis to ensure that learning opportunities are provided to safe guard that all children develop to their full potential.
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Language and communication development
- Physical development
- Mathematical development
- Information communication technology
- Knowledge and understanding of the world
- Creative development