You will find our non-teaching vacancies below
However, if you would like to send an open application, please send us your CV and cover letter in English and include a copy of your passport or both sides of your residence card.
For Primary School send them to email@example.com
For Secondary School send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work closely with Deputy Heads Academic and Subject Area Leaders
- Responsible for the line management of all library staff (currently 4) and volunteers
- Responsible for managing both Primary and Secondary libraries (located in the same building)
- Responsible for managing the annual library budgets
- Responsible for managing the textbook resources for all Secondary school departments
- Leads the library staff in providing excellent library services to the whole school
- Ensures that the physical and online library spaces are safe, welcoming, user-friendly and stimulating
- Promotes the library and reading to all students and school staff
- Works with teaching staff to raise information literacy and research skill levels across the school
- Sets policies regarding the circulation and collection development of library collections
- Together with Secondary School Subject Area Leaders manages the textbook resources (orders, processes and distributes them using the library database)
- Demonstrated success in managing a school library and library staff
- Experience in liaising with teachers to deliver information skills and research instructions for all grade levels
- English language knowledge at native or near-native level
- Prior work experience in an educational/academic environment
- Confidence in administrating the library management system (Softlink Oliver) and other online library resources
- Knowledge of current library developments and strong enthusiasm to keep up-to-date with them
- Excellent knowledge of children’s and teen literature
- Strong commitment to teamwork and being highly pro-active in working with staff and students
- Excellent organizational demonstrating a clear understanding of priorities and delegation
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent ICT skills with desire to integrate new technologies into the libraries
- Service-oriented, collaborative, and mindful personality
- Knowledge of Dutch
- 40 hours per week (excluding lunch breaks)
- Working hours 08:00 hrs – 17:00 hrs
- 41.5 weeks per year
- Holidays may not be taken during the school term time
This is a temporary appointment for a year, with a view to a permanent contract if all the conditions are met. The position is based on the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement (CAO) for Secondary education. Scaling: OOP (Support) staff, scale 9. The exact step depends on the relevant background and experience. (CAO VO)
- Please send your letter of application (in English), a recent photograph and your full CV to email@example.com
- Deadline for Applications: 5th July 2018. Short listed candidates will be interviewed as soon as possible, commencing week of 5th July 2018.
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Sherley St. Juste, Recruitment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, before or on 5th July 2018.
- If you have not heard from us by the closing date, then please assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Please visit our school website for more specific information about our school: www.ishthehague.nl The Rijnlands Lyceum Recruitment Code is applicable and can be obtained via the above email address or our website/job-vacancies. Agency calls regarding to this advertisement are not appreciated
The International School of The Hague is a highly successful, innovative and energetic semi-public school located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty on the edge of the city of The Hague, near Kijkduin.
The entire school currently has 1900 students and hosts over 85 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section. The Principals and Vice-Principals, supported by the Business manager, comprise the Senior Leadership of the School.
Currently we have a temporary vacancy at Secondary School:
Secondary Office Administrative Assistant (o.6 fte)
Due to the upcoming maternity leave of one member of the Secondary Office team, starting 1st August 2018 we will be hiring an Administrative Assistant. The candidate will be part of the Secondary Office Team that is the hub of the Secondary School and reports to the Secondary Office Manager.
- Works in collaboration with the Secondary Office team on day-to-day matters pertaining to
- SOM (Secondary Management System)
- Ensures that all administration is correct for buses.
- Generates transcripts and confirmation of assistance letters.
- Follows up on student’s attendance.
- At specific points through the academic year, assists other teams for specific activities
- (Admissions, Reception, Communication teams)
- As part of the Secondary Office team, assist in the admissions process for all new students
- entering the Secondary School.
- Handling communication with parents for all general inquiries.
- Handling phone calls.
- Assisting all staff with general queries. Daily management of Secondary mailbox, addressing all emails where possible.
- General upkeep of SOM contact details of students, parents and staff.Handles enquiries from students, parents, and teachers about all school procedures. Keeping the office environment tidy
- .Distributing the incoming and outgoing post.
- Supporting all duties required for the start of an academic year.
- Supporting all relevant administrative support required to assist ISH.
- Be a key team player and have the capacity and flexibility to deal with ad hoc situations.
- Good knowledge of administration in a school or company will be beneficial.
- Ability to work in both Dutch and English (written and spoken) desirable.
- Commitment to improving school communications (internal & external).
- A positive approach to all aspects of school life.
- The post is a 24 hours (0.6 FTE).
- Starting at 8:00 to 4:35. (lunch time to be determined together with the Secondary Office
- Manager and the team).
- Salary Scale 4: all terms and conditions to be determined by age/experience in accordance with the CAO VO (Secondary School labour agreement).
- Please send a full CV (English) and letter of application to: email@example.com.
- For further information please liaise with Mrs. Mariela Cock (Secondary Office Manager) until Friday 22nd June 2018.
- The closing date for applications is 25th June. Please note candidates may be interviewed and appointed before July 6th 2018.