You are invited to express your interest by sending your CV, supporting statement and completed application form (please download prior to use), all in English, to the email address indicated in the applicable vacancy below.
We currently have a vacancy for:
A Personal Assistant to the Principal of the Primary School - full time 1FTE
Start date: 1 August 2019
The contract will be a temporary contract of one year with a prospect to a permanent contract.
- Organising and monitoring the agenda and calendar of the Primary Principal
- Organising and preparing Leadership meetings including necessary documents and materials
- Act as the first point of contact for external agencies and individuals wishing to contact the Primary Principal
- Minuting meetings as and when requested by the Primary Principal
- Maintaining contacts within the group of schools and with external agencies about general substantive aspects of pending issues
- Drafting and circulating letters and other correspondence ensuring deadlines are met
- Preparing, receiving and supervising visitors and delegations including hospitality arrangements
- Monitor the Primary Principal’s in-tray including correspondence, then prioritise its urgency
- When appropriate accompany the Primary Principal to meetings
- Assist with the monitoring of HR matters regarding Primary staff
- Supporting in the recruitment of teaching staff and support staff
- Any communications with governmental organisations and Rijnlands
- Ensure that the surveys of Kwaliteitscholen are taken care of and data displayed, ensuring Foleta data is up to date, etc.
- Working on the administration for Blue Sky, a system for appraisal and personal development for staff
- Taking care of Verlofdagen, a system to track the hours of OOP staff
- Guard the progress of projects and inform the Primary Principal about it
- Take on any other reasonable responsibilities as requested by the Primary Principal.
- Specialist subject knowledge of management support methods and procedures
- Knowledge of internal administrative and procedural regulations
- Proficiency in the drafting of minutes and letters
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Discrete and respectful of privacy and confidentiality
- Understanding the role, organisation and procedures of an educational institution
- Proficiency in balancing interests and priorities
- Ability to speak and write in Dutch and English at a native level
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable when changes occur
- Good computer skills and a willingness to learn programmes that are specific to the school and the role
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to use initiative in making decisions and taking actions.
Working Hours: 1.0 FTE
- 40 hours per week (excluding lunch breaks)
- Working hours 08.00 hrs – 16.30 hrs
- Holidays may not be taken during the school term time
Salary scale 7: the step in this scale depends on the relevant experience (CAO PO)
Please send your Curriculum Vitae (including a recent photograph) and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications: 11 April 2019.
Interviews will take place soon thereafter. If you have not heard from us by 10 May please assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
For more information, you could visit our website: www.ishthehague.nl
The Rijnlands Lyceum Recruitment Code and VOG procedure is applicable and can be obtained via our Rijnlands website.
Please refrain from placing this advert on recruiting websites without our permission or using it for acquisition purposes.