You will find our non-teaching vacancies below
However, if you would like to send an open application, please send us your CV and cover letter in English and include a copy of your passport or both sides of your residence card.
For Primary School send them to email@example.com
For Secondary School send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
The International School of The Hague is a highly successful, innovative and energetic semi-public school located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty on the edge of the city of The Hague, near Kijkduin.
The entire school currently has 1,900 students and hosts over 90 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section. The Principals and Vice-Principals, supported by the Business manager, comprise the Senior Leadership of the School.
Currently we have a vacancy for the Secondary School:
Assistant Timetabler 0.8 FTE
Start date: 1 August, 2018
ISH Secondary has experienced exponential growth in the last five years and currently has over 150 part-time or full-time teaching staff. The Assistant Timetabler’s main responsibility is to manage the day-to-day cover (‘Daily Run’ for staff absence in school). Due to the nature of the school, there are numerous activities that occur on a weekly basis that support the International Baccalaureate programmes that the school offers. These include extra-curricular trips, educational trips, symposiums on campus, to name a few. There are two main focuses for the position: timetabling support and cover of lessons.
- Communicate with the examination officer to allocate staff for exam invigilation for both internal and external examinations
- Monitor and process requests for leave and cover for all academic staff.
- Liaise with the Timetabler to effectively manage the timetable within the school management system by providing administrative support in the production, administration and development of the timetable.
- Entering timetable data into UNTIS (our timetabling programme) and all other school systems.
- Support the Timetabler to provide students and staff with timetables for the start of the academic year and maintain updates throughout the year as requested
- Keep the timetable up to date as amendments are made
- Re-room lessons as required and arrange all room booking requests
- Provide other support to the timetabler, as requested
- Coordinate process request for rooms and trip hours
- Communicate daily with the Deputy of the Day and keep them updated with covers, duties and absence of staff and ensure all lessons are covered
- Keep a record of staff absence that is communicated to HR on a daily basis and make the necessary changes to the Daily Run of the timetable.
- To receive calls and information from staff regarding their absence
- To allocate cover effectively, efficiently and fairly to all staff as per their FTE
- Coordinate the Classroom Supervisors ensuring effective use at all times
- To monitor statistics on staff absence, entering data and producing reports
- To arrange re-rooming of lessons as necessary outside of the Daily Run so that all lessons can function.
Key Skills and Qualities:
- Good positive communication skills, patience with all staff, students, and contacts
- Able to remain calm, efficient and positive under pressure
- Good team player, flexibility, and good common-sense
- Ability to prioritise work and time-management
- Ability to solve problems and provide solutions to challenges that arise
- Creativity with the ability to analyze problems and formulate different approaches leading to resolution
- High level of ICT Skills including a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word processing and database understanding, and the ability to adapt to new ways of working in this area
- Experience of using SOM and UNTIS software packages (desirable but full training will be provided) Ability to adapt to new work demands, working practices and technology
- Ability to work to deadlines in a busy reactive environment
- Ability to work with minimum supervision & work on own initiative
We offer :
This is a temporary appointment for one year, with a view to a permanent contract if all the conditions are met. The position is based on the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement (CAO) for Secondary education. Scaling: OOP (Support) staff.
- Please send your letter of application (in English), a recent photograph and your full CV to email@example.com
- Deadline for Applications: 13th July 2018. Short listed candidates will be interviewed as soon as possible, commencing week of 13th July 2018.
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Sherley St. Juste, Recruitment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, before or on 13th July 2018.
- If you have not heard from us the closing date, then please assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Please visit our school website for more specific information about our school: www.ishthehague.nl The Rijnlands Lyceum Recruitment Code is applicable and can be obtained via the above email address or our website/job-vacancies. Agency calls regarding to this advertisement are not appreciated