Please know that in order to work for us, you must be a fully qualified teacher in accordance with the standards required by the Dutch Education Authorities (DUO). Successful candidates require:
For all applicants to ISH Primary, a Bachelors Degree will suffice to be considered. However, all ISH Secondary applicants will need a Bachelor plus a Post Graduate Level qualification in Education.
For applicants from the UK, you will have completed the PGCE and been awarded QTS plus successful completion of the NQT induction year.
For all applicants to ISH Secondary, your qualifications at either Bachelor or Masters level must also clearly indicate the subject that you are applying to teach in, in order to be recognized by DUO.
Start date: 1 August 2020
If you would like to work in an international environment, be part of a dynamic Dutch department, and teach students from all over the world about Dutch language and culture, the position below might be exactly what you are looking for.
- Teach Dutch as a second language, on various levels
- Collaborate with members of the Dutch department to develop and implement teaching materials
If you would like to view the Teacher Role and Responsibilities document, please click on this link.
The successful candidate will be:
- Innovative, committed to learning and up-to-date with current research
- Inspiring, challenging and empowering
- An excellent team player both within the department and across the school, willing to work collaboratively and support the ongoing development of the Dutch department and whole school.
- Proactive and have an enthusiastic approach to teaching and wider professional practice.
- Flexible and have the desire to be a part of a dynamic school community.
- Willing to be involved in extracurricular activities.
- A role model for the ISH Community Profile
Qualifications and Experience:
Qualified Teacher or in the process of obtaining a teacher qualification (your qualification should clearly indicate the subject that you are applying to teach in)
- Experience of teaching Dutch as a second language
- Experience of working in an international environment
3. Working hours:
- 3 days a week
- This is a temporary appointment for one year, with a view to a permanent contract if all the conditions are met. The position is based on the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement (CAO) for Secondary Education.
- Ongoing professional development.
- The appointed person will start on 1 August 2020.
- All applicants must either be EU citizens or have a valid permit to work in The Netherlands.
- Applicants who meet the requirements are invited to express their interest by following the link below and submitting their CV, application letter and a completed job application form (incomplete applications may not be considered).
- Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent supervisor. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to the second round of interviews.
- Deadline for Applications: Wednesday, 27th May 2020. Short listed candidates will be interviewed as soon as possible. Please note that the school reserves the right to interview suitable applicants early and make an appointment prior to the deadline.
- If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks after the date mentioned in the job vacancy, then please assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Please visit our school website for more specific information about our school: www.ishthehague.nl
The Rijnlands Lyceum Recruitment Code is applicable and can be obtained via the above email address or our website/job-vacancies.
Note: Agency calls regarding this advertisement are not appreciated.