We are a student led service that supports new students moving to the International School. We are all trained in helping students settle in our school life and our service is led by Helen Meville-Kenny, School Counsellor.
Connectors is a growing team and currently we have students from yr 9,10,11 and 12, who come from diverse backgrounds. We can offer support in 13 languages. All of our Connectors are experienced at moving countries and changing schools, and their guidance and experience can help support students with any difficulties new students maybe having in adjusting.
As part of our activity we undertake the following:
- 1:1 support with new students
- Link in with year 6 classes at ISH
- Organise social events and activities for new students to increase friendship and support opportunities
- Support new students with English as an Additional Language
- Provide information about The Hague, activities and academic life