ISH's Malcolm Davies Music Centre
"Like music to my ears"
Whatever your musical ambition may be, it can be pursued at the Malcolm Davies Music Centre (MDMC). Solo study; pop band; Glee Club; rock band? The MDMC provides over 150 hours of private instrumental, voice, and ensemble lessons per week!
The lessons take place throughout the academic year, and are conveniently located at the ISH itself.
The teachers of the MDMC are all experienced musicians who have been carefully selected for their skill, dedication and experience both as teachers and as performers. As performances are an essential part of the learning process, abundant performance opportunities during the school year give our students the opportunity to showcase their talents; these include the Eisteddfod annual music competition and the MDMC June & December concerts to name but a few, all of which enable parents and friends to see their aspiring musicians perform pieces form different repertoires and levels.
Instrumental and voice lessons are offered via the MDMC at ISH. Lessons may begin at any time during the first two semesters of the school year. In order to maintain a high standard, lessons are normally on an individual basis of minimally a half an hour and up to an hour.
- 30min lesson - €25
- 45min lesson - €35
- 60min lesson - €45
*A one-time admission fee of €25 will be applied to all new students of the MDMC.
There are no charges during the October, Christmas, February and May holidays (July and August are charged separately). The school year runs from September to June, totalling 38 teaching weeks (or ten months). Lessons can be paid per month or per block of pre--arranged lessons, as agreed with the teacher.
The fee above includes the rent of the usage of ISH's facilities.
*Please be aware, that at the end of the year, lesson fees will be reviewed and adjusted accordingly.
It is also possible to rent an instrument, for your child's instrumental studies. When contacting the MDMC please ask for Erwin Roodenburg for information about these possibilities.
- All financial communication is between the teacher and the student (or its parent/caretaker).
- Cancellation policy:
A teacher may cancel a lesson, only twice per year, due to unforeseen circumstances. Thereafter every attempt will be made to find a proper solution (substitute, a make-up lesson etc.) A lesson cancelled by a student is a lesson lost! The teacher, though not obligated, will try to make it up.
- A trial lesson is charged as a normal lesson, in accordance with the above mentioned fees.
- Lessons can be given at the teacher’s / student’s home. However, should the lessons be given at the student’s home, an extra cost of between €4.50 and €7.50, depending on distance, will be charged per lesson to cover the teacher’s time and travel.
- In case of stopping, a one-month notice must be given in writing to the teacher and to Mr. Goldwasser the centre's director.
- All questions regarding lesson times, cancelation etc. should be directed to the teacher. It is the teacher’s responsibility to notify the student of a cancelation, or a change in the time of the lesson. If the teacher is delayed, or there is a change of rooms, a note will be posted on the door.
Primary Rock Band is open to primary and secondary students Y5 & Y6 who can play an instrument.
The secondary Pop Band and secondary rock band are open to secondary students who can play Keyboard / piano, guitar, bass, drums, and who can sing
For further information regarding any of the above, please contact the Malcolm Davies music centre’s director Mr. Goldwasser