Welcome to the Student Wellbeing Department
We are getting a lot of questions about how to manage the current situation. We have created these pages to provide you with more information and answers to the questions we're hearing most often.
If you have a question that's not on here, please email us on email@example.com and we'll answer it for you as soon as possible.
We'll be updating this page regularly with answers to your questions, so please keep checking back here for updates.
Remember, what we are experiencing now has never happened before, so it's OK that it's difficult. Don't push yourself too hard....
- Read this first!
- I am struggling with my emotions right now, what can I do to help myself?
- I’ve heard that mindfulness or meditation might help me feel better, where can I find out more and try it out for myself?
- I am worried about my parents, grandparents and other family members who are vulnerable. I worry they may get COVID-19 and become very sick or die. What can I do to help myself with these worries?
- I am struggling to create a routine in my day, do you have advice for me?
- I am feeling anxious that my friendships will have been affected by the long period of off-campus learning. Being back together in school again feels awkward and I’m not sure what to expect from everyone. What should I do?
- I am struggling to sleep well, do you have advice for me?
- Can you recommend any apps that might help me through this difficult time?
- Do you feel physically or emotionally unsafe in your home or environment?
- Someone I know has died. What can I do to cope?
- I am so often bored and find I am wasting my time on social media. Do you have suggestions for what I can do with my time when I am not in school?
- I’m worried about going back to school. What advice do you have for me?
- What skills can I use to make returning to school easier?